Whai is Facebook Blue Badge?
The verified badge is a tool to help people find public figures and brands’ real Pages and profiles. If a Page or profile has the verified badge, we’ve confirmed that it represents who it says it does. If the badge isn’t there, it may not be the real Page or profile. Posts, stories and other content from verified Pages and profiles aren’t verified by Facebook.
A verified Page or profile cannot transfer ownership or modify its purpose. Edits such as name, category and bio updates are reviewed before they’re posted. Ownership transfers and significant changes may be grounds for badge removal.So how you can apply for a blue badge I am going to tell you….
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge?
We look at a number of factors when evaluating Facebook Pages and profiles to determine if they’re in the public interest and meet our verification criteria.
In addition to following Facebook’s terms of service and community standards, Pages and profiles need to be:
- Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Be the only presence of this person or business. Only one Page or profile per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific Pages and profiles. We don’t verify general interest Pages and profiles (example: Puppy Memes).
- Complete: Have an about section, Page or profile photo and recent activity, including at least one post.
- Notable: Represent a well-known, often searched person, brand or entity. We review Pages and profiles that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
If your Page or profile doesn’t meet the criteria for a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know it’s authentic.
For example, you can link to it from an official website, Instagram profile or Twitter account.
Why verify your Facebook Page?
Getting verified on Facebook is a great way to establish brand credibility online. Both large brands and local businesses can be verified on the platform.
The verified badge lets your audience know you’re authentic. It also helps your Facebook Page show up higher in search results. This makes it easier for potential customers to find your business.
Verified badges on Facebook and Instagram appear next to the Page or account’s name, as well as in search. This shows that we have confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the creator, public figure, celebrity or global brand it represents and helps people more easily find the accounts they wish to follow.
Our verification team vets all requests thoroughly and bases their review on a number of inputs to determine whether an account is eligible to be verified.
Here’s how you can ensure your page meets all the criteria before requesting verification:
- Post high-quality, professional and engaging content. That means very good images, high engagement, and an overall cohesive brand feel. (Optional: you can run ads to boost your posts)
- Link to your profile or Page from your official website. (optional, but why wouldn’t you)
- For a Facebook Page, different types of basic information boxes will appear in your Page’s About section depending on your Page’s category. It’s important to add accurate details so that people can quickly learn about your Page. Include your website, address, phone number, awards, bio, and more. The more complete it is, the better.
- For a Facebook profile, provide accurate information in your profile. Include in your About section a website address that is registered in your name. Make your profile public by default so that people can follow it. Have at least a few hundred followers (~500) before requesting a badge. Pro tip: You can convert your personal page into a profile and turn all your friends into likes.
- Get press written about you and coverage on all major media (TV, print, web).
What are the benefits of having a blue or grey badge? Is it worth it?
- Automatic EGO boost (come on, you feel good when you see it)
- Boosts the credibility of your business or your personal brand. Users will know they are interacting with the real page and not an impostor or fake account.
- Clients will know that you take your social media game serious, specially if you are an Ad Agency, Coach, or other type of Influencer.
- Verified pages will rank higher on Facebook’s Graph Search and on Google search results.
- To be honest, other than having a shiny badge next to your name, having a verified checkmark is not that exciting or worth it, specially if you are paying for one. I would highly encourage you not to buy facebook verification.
Btw, I do NOT sell any sort of verifications.
How long does it take for Facebook to approve/reject a verification request?
For a grey badge it can take anywhere from 48 hours to a week to receive a response from Facebook.
For a blue badge it takes 3-45 days to hear back. Make sure to keep an eye out on your support inbox.
Why did Facebook reject my verification?
If you got your verification request denied it is most likely due to the following reasons:
- You don’t have enough press. ->
- You don’t have a Wikipedia. FYI, to get a Wiki, you first need high quality press.
- You didn’t write a compelling enough reason or the ID you provided was blurry or not appropriate.
- You don’t have enough native content on Facebook. -> They won’t verify a dead page.
- Facebook is being very strict on who they verify and they won’t verify you unless you can prove your popularity.
If you got rejected, you can re-apply in 30 days.